Help Me Grow Pinellas

Help Me Grow Pinellas 2018-04-20T20:18:19+00:00

Help Me Grow (HMG) Pinellas is an affiliate of:


What is Help Me Grow?

Help Me Grow (HMG) is part of a national initiative designed to identify children, birth through eight, at risk for developmental or behavioral delays and connect them with community-based services and supports. This FREE program is designed to address families’ questions and concerns and follow up with them to ensure their child is successfully linked to services.

Help Me Grow is a proven success in other parts of the country. If developmental, behavioral and other health concerns are detected early in children birth to eight years old, the best outcomes can be secured for children and their families.

More specifically, Help Me Grow offers:

  • Information, Resources, Material
  • Referrals with enhanced advocacy and follow up
  • Screenings for health and development
  • Enrollment in community programs
  • Networking opportunities for families, service providers and community partners
Access Help Me Grow by Calling 2-1-1

Do you have concerns about your child’s development? Are you wondering if your child is developing on track?  We can help by providing you and your child a free screening.

Click one of the links below to start a screening!

Please complete the age appropriate assessment below.  Once completed a Help Me Grow Coordinator will contact you to discuss the results.

If your child is between the ages of 0-5 ½  years (0-66 months) please complete both the ASQ-3 and the ASQ:SE-2If your child is between 5 ½ -8years, please complete the Pediatric Symptom Checklist and then save the results and email to

We can help you with questions like these…

As part of Help Me Grow Pinellas, 2-1-1 TBC’s contact center specialists will ask 2-1-1 callers a series of questions to identify families with children birth to eight years old who would benefit from the program – especially if the caller mentions child-related issues or concerns.

One simple phone call can provide answers to questions such as:

  • I think my child may be having hearing problems. Where can I get testing?
  • How can I learn more about my child’s disability?
  • Where can I find a dentist or physician who serves children with special needs?
  • Who can help me to understand what services my child is entitled to in school?
  • Is there a support group that I can reach out to for my child’s disability?
Early Childhood Learning

The appropriated funds for Florida’s Help Me Grow were contracted through the Department of Education’s Office of Early Learning to The Children’s Forum, which was the designated the fiscal agent.

If you are concerned about your child, please call 2-1-1 (727-210-4211) or
text your zip code to 898211 and ask about Help Me Grow.

These questions and many others can be answered and addressed through FREE referrals from our 2-1-1 specialists.

Click for information on Early Childhood Development Resources