Help Me Grow (HMG) Pinellas is an affiliate of:
What is Help Me Grow?
Help Me Grow (HMG) is part of a national initiative that is designed to identify children at-risk for developmental or behavioral disabilities, and connect them with community-based programs for health and developmental services. This free program is designed to support questions and concerns of families, while providing access to resources that could offer early detection for health or developmental concerns.
- Information, Resources, Material
- Referrals with enhanced advocacy and follow up
- Screenings for health and development
- Enrollment in community programs
- Networking opportunities for families, service providers and community partners
We can help you with questions like these…
As part of Help Me Grow Pinellas, 2-1-1 TBC’s contact center specialists will ask 2-1-1 callers a series of questions to identify families who would benefit from the program – especially if the caller mentions child-related issues or concerns.
One simple phone call can provide answers to questions such as:
- I think my child may be having hearing problems. Where can I get testing?
- How can I learn more about my child’s disability?
- Where can I find a dentist or physician who serves children with special needs?
- Who can help me to understand what services my child is entitled to in school?
- Is there a support group that I can reach out to for my child’s disability?