Recent Resource Changes
COVID-19 Illness Isolation
- If you get sick, call your doctor and they will instruct you on the next steps.
- Practice social and physical distancing in your home.
- If you are ill, self-isolate yourself in a room in your home away from others in your house. Stay isolated even for meals away from others until the quarantine period passes.
- Continue to wash your hands frequently and clean surfaces immediately.
- Are not doing new intakes.
- Pinellas Safe Harbor is open doing intakes until they reach capacity.
- Are screening current residents for COVID-19
For more information, please visit the Homeless Leadership Alliance.
- Do not hoard food.
- Help support those vulnerable folks without basic necessities.
- The Tampa Bay Hunder Network is working with federal, state, and local partners to ensure food distribution for all. For food-related information, go to the Hunger Network website.
- Summer Breakspot programs are open and available to students in need of food. Find a site by clicking here.
Benefits and Financial Assistance
- Complete your tax returns, if not already done so, to ensure funds during the work transition.
- Reemployment insurance has been expanded to include those affected by COVID-19 layoffs, pay interruption or illness. Learn more at the Florida Jobs website.
- Pinellas County assistance is available to individuals and families affected by COVID-19 to help maintain housing. Text covidcares to 898211. Applications are still being accepted. Click here for more information.
- Pinellas Cares Nonprofit Grants are now available to eligible nonprofits organizations. Grants management is being done by the Pinellas Community Foundation. Click here for more information.
Utility Provider Updates
- Disconnections for utilities has started.
- Clients are encouraged to stay in contact with their vendors. This can help differ payment and will help them avoid building a large balance later that may pose additional hardships.
Here are the ways to pay your utility bill or contact your vendor:
- Duke Energy - Need help from Duke Energy Florida, call 888.634.4354 or check the Duke website here.
- The City of St. Pete - Bills can be paid online at stpete.org/payyourbill or via telephone at 727-893-7341.
- Clearwater Public Utilities - Bills can be paid by phone by calling (888) 978-0798 or
online at myclearwater.com/ebill.
- Pinellas County Utilities - More information can be found on the Pinellas County website.
- Teco Electric and Gas - More information, visit the Teco website.
- Spectrum - Click for more information
- WOW - Click for more information
Physical and Behavioral Health
- Telehealth is being implemented. Check with your doctors and therapists about methods to continue medical appointments.
- Call your primary care physician first for any health-related issues you are having. Do not show up to their office without alerting them first.