Vaccine Registration Information
If you have had or currently have a positive COVID diagnosis, you can not get the vaccine without proof of a negative COVID result.
Recent Resource Changes
COVID-19 Illness Isolation
- If you get sick, call your doctor and they will instruct you on the next steps.
- Practice social and physical distancing in your home.
- If you are ill, self-isolate yourself in a room in your home away from others in your house. Stay isolated even for meals away from others until the quarantine period passes.
- Continue to wash your hands frequently and clean surfaces immediately.
Physical and Behavioral Health
- Appointment are available in-person or via Telehealth. Check with your doctors and therapists about methods to continue medical appointments.
- Call your primary care physician first for any health-related issues you are having. Do not show up to their office without alerting them first.
Benefits and Financial Assistance
- Complete your tax returns, if not already done so, to ensure funds during the work transition.
- Reemployment insurance has been expanded to include those affected by COVID-19 layoffs, pay interruption or illness. Learn more at the Florida Jobs website.
Utility Provider Updates
- Disconnections for utilities has started.
- Clients should stay in contact with their vendor and check on payment arrangment options.
Here are the ways to pay your utility bill or contact your vendor:
- Duke Energy - Need help from Duke Energy Florida, call 888.634.4354 or check the Duke website here.
- The City of St. Pete - Bills can be paid online at stpete.org/payyourbill or via telephone at 727-893-7341.
- Clearwater Public Utilities - Bills can be paid by phone by calling (888) 978-0798 or
online at myclearwater.com/ebill.
- Pinellas County Utilities - More information can be found on the Pinellas County website.
- Teco Electric and Gas - More information, visit the Teco website.
- Spectrum - Click for more information
- WOW - Click for more information