Financial Support When you need it!

What is the Adult Emergency Financial Assistance Program (AEFAP)?

The Adult Emergency Financial Assistance Program (AEFAP) helps individuals and married couples without minor children by providing financial assistance to help prevent evictions, foreclosures, and unhealthy living conditions as well as things to keep people employed. Assistance is provided only once every twelve (12) months.

We help empower individuals and married couples without minor children to become self-sufficient.

This collaborative is a partnership between Pinellas County Human Services (PCHS) and 2-1-1 Tampa Bay Cares (211).

What does 211 do?


for the qualifying event and need for rent, utility, and work equipment assistance. 


To local community partners who also help meet your needs. 

Financial Assistance

Direct payments to vendors like landlords or utility providers for those whose cases are approved. 

How can 211 help me with financial Assistance?

Call 211

from any phone

Monday through Friday

from 7 AM to 6 PM.



What is the eligibility for AEFAP?

Eligible individuals and married couples need to be Pinellas County residents, over the age of 18 or legally emancipated youth, and under 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. Click here for a link to the most recent Federal Poverty Guidelines.

What documents do I need to send to 211 so a decision can be make about my case?

Documentation requests are based on your needs and qualifying event. Once screened, the AEFAP Specialist will direct you about the documents you need.

The general types of documents needed include the following.

  • Proof of citizenship (Real ID, Passport, Social Security Card)
  • Proof of Pinellas County Residents (Real ID, Drivers License, ID Card, Utility Bill)
  • Proof of Income (Pay Stub, Benefits Letter, Alimony, Child Support, Social Security Letter or Statement, etc.)
  • Proof of Assets for requests over $1,000 (Bank Statement, Statement of Assets, Water vehicle poof, etc.)
  • Proof of qualified emergency need (Past due bill notice, 3-day notice from a landlord, formal eviction notice from the courts, estimates for repairs or equipment, etc.)
  • Proof of future sustainability plan if assistance is provided.