Wrapping Support Around Families!

What is the Family Services Initiative (FSI)?

211 Tampa Bay Cares is the front door for a collaborative project called the Family Services Initiative (FSI). This project helps families with minor children prevent child protection investigations, homelessness, and further social service engagement by providing families with the right service, at the right time, for the right need. The initiative provides support and wrap-around services to meet families’ basic needs and help empower them to become self-sufficient.

asian family

What partners are part of the Family Services Initiative (FSI) initiative?

This collaborative is a partnership between four core partners: the Juvenile Welfare Board Children’s Service Council of Pinellas County (JWB), 2-1-1 Tampa Bay Cares (211), Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services (GCJFS) and Personal Enrichment through Mental Health Services (PEMHS).  For more information about FSI, please visit the JWB website.

JWB Logo

What does 211 do?


client for qualifying event and emergency needs. 


to community partners who may be able to meet your needs. 


to system navigation partners for further screening and assistance. 

Financial Assistance

provides specific support without System Navigation. 

How do I contact FSI?

Call 211

Monday through Friday from 7 am - 6 pm

Fax Documents

Fax documents to 1-727-213-9058.


Do I have to have custody of the minor child living in my home to get help from FSI?

Anyone can call or text 211 regardless of their family status. 211 will listen to your concerns and talk with you about your options for assistance.

In order to get services directly from the FSI program, you will need to have custody of the minor child living in your home and be able to provide the appropriate documentation.

What documentation is needed to get help from FSI?

Depending on the nature of your request, documentation requirements change. The FSI agent or System Navigator who screens you will provide you a list of the documents needed. At a minimum, you will need:

  • a Real- ID, Drivers License, or ID card
  • a valid Social Security Cards for someone in the family
  • documentation of custody of the minor children