Are you 16 -25 year old and Need Help?

What is Pinellas Healthy Transitions?

Pinellas Healthy Transitions helps any youth or young person between the ages of 16 and 25 years old who is a resident of the state of Florida and is suffering from a serious mental health condition or a co-occurring serious mental health condition and substance use disorder.


How does Healthy Transitions help?

Life can be very stressful and challenging for youth and young adults. The program aims to improve access to treatment and support services for youth and young adults ages 16 – 25 and reduce the stigma of mental health by empowering young people to be their best.

Florida Healthy Transitions is funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and administered by Central Florida Behavioral Health Network (CFHBN).

What happens when I call healthy transitions?

211TBC provides a caring ear for these youth ages 16-25 who need some support. We provide culturally and age-appropriate crisis intervention crisis hotline services to youth and their families.

Once connected to a Healthy Transition Care Coordinator, we screen and facilitate direct service referrals to local providers. Also, Our Healthy Transition Peer Mentor partner will assess, enroll, and provide individual and peer support to the youth enrolled in the program.


Any young person trying to cope and needing support

Call 211

from any phone 24 hours a day

Text FHT

to 898211

Healthy Transitions FAQ

I'm scared my youth or young is self-isolating and pulling away from the family. What do I do?

Isolation can be a sign of healthy behavior. If they are isolating, there are changes in behavior and/or attitude, and other violent and/or destructive behavior, these are signs of a larger issue and concern.

  • Try and talk with your youth or young adult about what is going on and what has changed in their life. Be open, honest, and actively listen to their story. People want to feel heard.
  • Ask them if they want or need help talking with a professional. If they say yes, call your Employee Assistance Program (EAP), health insurance company, or 211 for a referral.

I think my youth or young adult is doing drugs. What do I do?

Look for signs of drugs, alcohol, or physical abuse. This will help you find the right help and have a direct conversation with your youth or young adult. If they are experiencing substance abuse and mental health issues, call 211 and ask for Healthy Transitions. We may be able to help your family.

Do I need my parent's permission to receive services through Health Transition Services if I'm a minor?

Because you are a minor, we will need verbal consent from a parent or guardian to refer you to healthy transitions services. Our care coordinator is available to listen to you and your parents so you both better understand the Healthy Transitions programs.

What if my youth or young adult doesn't want to receive help through Healthy Transitions?

Youth and young adults over 18 years old are adults. Healthy Transitions is a voluntary program. It is their decision on whether or not to receive services. We can support the youth and young adults and/or parents or caregivers as they continue discussions about Healthy Transitions.